Monday, June 9, 2014

Some ideas come fully formed and some show up on the fly

I get a lot of ideas while I'm doing something else. Most come while I'm on a deadline, of course. This painting came to me in the shower fully formed with the caption already written.



Text reads: Once there was a girl who made a wish.

It took a couple of tries to get the girl right.

Close up of the moon. I used old books in English, Italian, Japanese, and Latin.

Now this one came as an idea about collaging fish scales, but a friend thought it was a mermaid. 
I rotated the canvass and decided she was right!


2 comments:

  1. OMG! Been quite a while since I have stopped by your blog. I just LOVE! LOVE! these illustrations! I think the Moon might be my favorite! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much! I haven't blogged much, so you really didn't miss anything :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...