I'm almost finished with book two. You can see a little sneaky peak here. I couldn't work without my little helper, Cody, as you can see. I remember when I had an infant in my lap.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
I'm busy working on book #2, a magazine cover, & inside spread. Loving the work, but not the inability to post anything! Above is my submission to Bari's question, "What's in your hoop" over at WeLoveFrenchKnots. It's another pattern by Charlotte Lyons.
Here's a really small peak at what's on my drawing board right now.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Monday, January 2, 2012
2011 started off pretty weak, but finished with a bang. It was a year of pushing myself harder than I have in years. I spent most of the year in the uncomfortable position of knowing my work was in transition, but not knowing where it was going. It's not fun, but it is just part & parcel of the creative life. Even though I knew what was going on, it wasn't easy. In fact, it was completely frustrating! Finally, my work gelled in the last few weeks when I completed the Chicken Licken project. I'm so psyched for what 2012 has to offer.
Here's a list of some of what I hope to accomplish this year:
• Finish & deliver the 5 remaining books in the series I've been working on.
• Complete the dream project I just received. Yippee!
• Design a fabric collection.
• Create & Sell my own embroidery patterns.
• Land one trade book deal, preferably a board book.
• Sign on an agent
• Attend workshops (The Creative Connection Event)
• Draw everyday
• Paint & play more with collage
• Create 20 new collections• Redesign my Twitter page.
I'd better get myself organized to get through this list!
I hope your 2012 is the best it can be for you, too!