Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas


We had a great Christmas with family. I was so surprised and happy to receive this original painting by Sonia von Walter from my parents. She also hand paints nesting dolls. Mom got one for my niece who loves them.


This room is almost finished. After the contractor leaves, I still need to paint the battens, but it's so close! At least we'll be able to use it today. It's been three months! I won't be using Home Depot for any other projects. Their people are wonderful, but the policies are all about covering their a____.  I had to pay for the whole project in advance way back in September. I want to work with someone who is an expert in whatever project and who can help guide me in choosing the right materials in the first place.


On Christmas day we checked out what Santa brought, then hopped in the car and headed down to my brother-in-law's near Santa Barbara. I was so happy to sneak in a trip into town. I love Santa Barbara! It's a feast for the eyes. Fantastic weather too (68°). All I really want for Christmas is snow, but I did enjoy the warmth.


My favorite restaurant in Santa Barbara—Pascucci's. Their Firenze pasta is to die for. Yum!



Even the shuttles are festive!


I hope your holidays were the best! I can't wait to dig into 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...