Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Stitch in Time


I have become totally hooked on embroidery this summer. I just can't get enough of it! I bought this pattern from Charlotte Lyons right before my vacation. It didn't come with any directions, unfortunately, but I was able to figure everything out by watching diy videos on WeLoveFrenchKnots.com, thank you Bari!

Now that vacation's over I'm busily stitching while waiting in the pick up line for my shiny new high schooler. I actually look forward to this time now.


When I was little, I slept every night on these hand stitched pillow cases. This one was done by my mom. Luckily she still had the set. They're very well 'loved' (tattered) now, but still bring back memories of my childhood.


This one was made by my Great Gramma on my mom's side.


I just love the white details on this one! It's so wonderful to be a part of this generational art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...