Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chocolate Can Save the World


While visiting family in Springfield, Missouri, we stopped by the Askinosie Chocolate factory and store. My oldest son and I are chocoholics with no plans for recovering, so being able to visit a store dedicated to chocolate was a must. My parents had been there a couple of weeks before, so I already knew how delicious the product was. I have a little jar of Chocolate Hazelnut Spread that I'm doling out in tiny amounts. It's soooooo good, like Nutella, but so much better!

I just love pictures of doors, especially colorful ones!


The factory



Shawn Askinosie was featured in Oprah Magazine as one 14 guys saving the world. He's a former criminal defense lawyer turned chocolatier. He also runs Chocolate University for local kids to teach them about direct trade, sustainability, and entrepreneurship. With his business, he's helping the farmers and the local community. Just another great reason to eat chocolate, as if I needed one. You can see what they're all about in this video:


You can order the chocolate online here. It is so good!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place. And I didn't realize there was something BETTER than Nutella! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this chocolate. I need it right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn--oh yes!

    Jessica--Tell me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice factory! thanks for sharing the blog.I wish you to post the new updates regularly.

    seo firm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...