Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dan Santat


I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Dan Santat today at my local indie bookstore, Hicklebee's. He's so funny and I love his work! We got a copy of his newest, not yet available graphic novel Sidekicks! I had to leave halfway through his talk to get my son from basketball camp, but I made it back in time to talk to him. I really wanted his other book Oh No!: Or How My Science Project Destroyed the World too, but I managed to control myself. I'd love to have him come back and teach an illustrator's workshop. I'm going to look into that and maybe organize it myself…gulp.

Photo courtesy of Dantat.com

Uber cool stickers he made for the event.

I'm a little behind on blog posts. I'm blaming it on the super heated weather we're having and a lack of air conditioning. Luckily, it turned out to be a blown fuse, which was easily replaced. I really wish we had some major home improvement skills around here. It's painful to hire a repair person only to find out that we could have easily fixed it ourselves. Live and learn.

I'll be blogging about my visit to the Sketchbook Project 2011 Tour, some new paintings I've just completed (I may sell the originals), and some new illos I've recently completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...