Monday, April 25, 2011

Pumpkins, sick kid, & a garden


I've been working on a whole host of pumpkins & Jack-o-Lanterns. Let's just pretend they're Easter Bunnies, ok? They're part of a new collection I'm working on.


One of the reasons I've been a stay at home mom is shown here. When you're sick, you just want to be home with Mom, right? Mom and the dog, of course. My youngest was sick all of last week. The week before Spring Break. I had a lot of work to do, so we brought his big bean bag chair into my studio along with the quilt Gramma made. He was so cozy and I could work. The dog also takes his job seriously. He spent tireless hours comforting his boy.


This unattractive monstrosity is doing a good job of holding the pool net, but it's seen better days. I can only work on small parts of the garden as I go along. This will stay like this for now, but I'm dreaming of a variety of color, texture, and height here someday. I'm just not a formal garden kind of person. In other gardening news, I'm having a row of roses removed to make room for an in ground vegetable garden. I can hardly wait! It all starts this Friday. My Nikon lens is in the shop, so I'll try to dig up a camera to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...