Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm still here

This is a banner I designed for the school & church's Holiday Boutique. It's so fun to see my work so big! I'd really love to see my art on garden flags. Working on it!


This is the original art that I modified to fit the banner's dimensions.


We've been visiting different high schools trying to figure out the best fit for my soon-to-be-teenager. He saw a student's English project which had a few clay soldiers in it and that was all it took to generate hours of fun. He and his brother worked on these all Sunday afternoon. He wanted me to make sure you knew that one, they're not finished (I think he's planning on painting them), and two, that he made them, not me. He became concerned that I put my name and copyright on the photo. I told him that was just because I took the photo. Glad to see he's aware of his rights ;-)

 

We're really busy with various activities and work around here. The pressure can be crushing (pun intended). This is actually how I feel lately. Disclaimer: No children were harmed in the making of this photo.


The crushed one, pictured above, has been drawing up a storm lately. He's been working his way through copying Pokeman drawings. He learned shading by the age old method of copying. No worries, I explained copyright law to him. If I missed anything, I'm sure his big brother will fill him in. Recently, he has branched into creating his own robots. If he keeps going at this rate, he'll be better than me in no time.  I wish I had his focus. Did I mention he's only nine?


That's all for now. I'm working on a big project that I can't talk about, unfortunately.

4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT photo - totally how I feel some days. Classic, thanks for sharing :o) How awesome to have your snowman illustration flying over the streets! Quite a busy lady these days eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Laura your son is so talented!!! I can't believe how nice these robots are and he's only nine? Wow. Make sure he never stops!
    And beautiful banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banner looks great and your son is very talented...like his momma! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! your banner looks great! Now you have me wondering what you're working on - a book perhaps? Glad you're keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...