Thursday, July 15, 2010

Illustration Friday - Diary

What's Bronte's deepest, darkest secret that she keeps locked away in her diary? She's dreams of becoming a ballerina!

I'm currently doing a lot of experimenting. I feel big changes coming, but I don't really have any idea what they'll be. It's a very uncomfortable place to be, but a necessary part of the creative life. Thank goodness I have my creative peeps over on Twitter to help me out and inspire me. If you're not on Twitter yet, come join us, it's lots of fun! You can follow me at @CreativeGirl.

9 comments:

  1. Great pose! You can see she's a novice trying out her new ballet shoes.
    Experimenting is good. I know that feeling of a new style being right around the corner waiting for you to find it. Just when I thought I was off track I ended up stumbling into a style I'm so much right now. It will keep evolving, but it's starting to feel more 'right'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela! Your style definitely looks right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little drawing Laura, I agree with the pose, the balance is just right... and I really like the colored pencil. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool!
    -Providential Egg

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable! Isn't it exciting to be on the cusp of change? Great things coming for you I think :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Laura!
    Oh geez, I left a word out there. I meant 'so much enjoying right now'. I'm such a dork!

    Did you figure out your business cards?

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's adorable. i like your illustration style! so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's very graceful and will make little girls want to try on a pair of ballet slippers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...