Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer 2010


Summer is in full swing around here. Full of no schedules, sleeping in, hanging out with friends, swimming, enjoying life. This time of year is a blessing. I get to be a more fun mom. There's a lot less nagging to do and we're all grateful!

Our new neighborhood is turning out to be a dream come true. The kids play (gasp) outside. They have new friends. There's a neighborhood 4th of July parade which will pass right in front of our house & a block party on our street the end of July. I'm giddy with it all, I tell you.

One of the best things about this summer is having our own pool. I can't tell you what a pain it was to have to walk across the street to swim. Can you imagine? All kidding aside, I can watch them swim while: gardening, cooking, sketching (inside). The bottom line is they get to swim more often.

I'm so happy about their latest project! They are suddenly into Manga. I know, everybody else was ages ago, but better late than never. I got these books from the library and they've been drawing for days. That makes this artist mama so happy! Very little time has been spent with the tv so far. Must make sure that continues!

Here's a little project I'm working on. Drapes for my bedroom! We need these so badly. I won't torture you with the details, but we need these asap! You're welcome, neighbors!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...