Saturday, May 22, 2010

Art Class and Paul Klee

Our Art Vista lesson in third grade this month was to study Paul Klee. I didn't really like the project that we were supposed to do, but I couldn't come up with another option until the very last minute. I was surfing the web to learn more about his art and found this piece The Twittering Machine. I loved the title.


I decided that it would be fun to create our own fantastical machines in a similar style. They drew their machines with Sharpies then collaged tissue paper over it. The kids created amazing art! I love what they came up with. Here are just two examples.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are totally wall worthy paintings! Kids make the best art - so free & unconstrained. & sharpies and tissue paper sound like a great exercise for getting the juices flowing. I want to give that a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy and quick! Just a Sharpie, colored tissue, and liquid starch. Voila!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...