Sunday, March 14, 2010

It feels so good to paint again!


I've been so busy with the house and the move that making art for fun has been a distant memory. If you're still reading this blog, you're probably wondering where the art has gone. I hope to share more with you soon.

Today I went to a friend's baby shower. She had asked me for a painting for the baby's room. Of course, I left it until the last minute. It didn't help that my studio looks like this.

Instead of delaying it to a more perfect time, I cleared off a corner of my drawing board and a spot on the floor in front of it. I felt so blocked, but I took Kelly Rae Robert's advice and pretended like I was in the mood. I had no plan for this painting at any point. I had no idea what it would look like or be about until I was almost finished. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!! As a color pencil artist I always have a plan and it takes a long time to complete it, so just winging it is heaven. I was grinning from ear to ear while I painted. I was joyful. I really think that shows in the painting.


My friend loves it and she loves dragonflies (as do I). She also told me that dragonflies are dream keepers. Spooky. I had no idea.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty painting! Perfect for a baby's room. Have you seen the Kevin Costner movie, "Dragonfly"? It's very good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...