Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I just can't hold it in!


I'm apparently incapable of being prudent with news this big. We're buying a house. Now I've jinxed it! We (ok I) have wanted to move into a family friendly neighborhood and into a bigger house with a bigger back yard for a long time. I finally convinced (badgered, cajoled, whined, cried to) my husband that this was a wise idea. We finally found one in our choice neighborhood where we have lots of friends. The house is the same size as our current one, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Did I mention that it's a fixer upper? Oh, and that my husband has no interest whatsoever in fixing up anything? He does cut the grass once a month whether it needs it or not;-) I'm not complaining. I knew this before I married him and expect nothing more from him in this arena. He's great in so many other ways!

So I will be doing all of the painting, cleaning, packing, unpacking, and hiring of contractors all by myself. Shoot me now. I'm serious. I obviously have several more screws loose than the garage door does. Did I mention that while all of the above is happening, I had my wisdom teeth taken out, Dad had hip surgery, I'm having Thanksgiving (and you all know how much I love to cook and entertain :o), am throwing a bday party for my oldest outside, in the rain, and let's not forget Christmas. Not even sure which house we'll be in then. I also need to prep the current house for rent.

Fun times. If my future blog posts sound like gibberish, please call 911 and have them find my brain and reinstall it. I've lost it for sure!

P.S. The pics above are of a "Secret Room" accessed via the closet in my new studio. The "hole" is the emergency exit. Hoping to finish it off and add a ladder to the dining room below. Crazy? Yes! but this IS a boy house, you know. You've got to have a secret room with a ladder!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! We love fixers. Can't wait to see more...the second story "emergency" exit has me intrigued about the rest of the house, haha :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh exciting! I'm sure the work will be worth it. I want a secret room with ladder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats is right! I love the secret room too. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I love fixing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You have SO much going on! What a time to pick to move, but I guess you can't really pick the times for the big stuff! Congrats!

    We have a ship's ladder in our master (I say this loosely as we live in a old small house) closet that goes up to an office/loft space. It is great to have secret spaces that are unexpected. I love that you are having a ladder go down to your living room. It will encourage lots of questions from guest!

    Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I meant to say dining room instead of living room. I really was paying attention. I swear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...