Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Sewing


I was inspired to sew some clothes for myself this summer. So many great projects on creative blogs out there. Here's the first project. It's been decades since I've sewn clothes. It just became cheaper to buy it, but when I saw this fabric, I couldn't resist!


I just love the little button. It's just enough sparkle to jazz up the top. I made a few (ok, more than a few) mistakes, one of them being that I used the selvage. The pattern went all the way to the edge. It wasn't until I finished it late last night that I noticed the name of the pattern written in gold over the blue. Oh well, lesson learned. I'll just shorten it a bit. Next up—a skirt. Well next after I make the jacket Josh just designed. Can you tell he's obsessed with Michael Jackson?

2 comments:

  1. Good Post Effort
    Thanks For Sharing with me

    my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I love that fabric too. The blouse is darling ~ much more adventurous in the sewing arena than I am (yet - I'm getting there!). I need more time to sew!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...